The European Observatory for Non-Discrimination and Fundamental Rights, intervenes, in practical terms, in social, humanitarian, cultural and educational sectors:
– To combat discrimination, regardless of the type of discrimination: disability (physical, mental, psychological), belonging to a national minority, race, colour, ethnic and social origin, genetic characteristics, language, religion, belief, political opinions, sexual orientation, gender, etc… in the countries of the European Union and in countries outside the European Union;
– To bring recognition, encourage and promote implementation of the principle of non-discrimination, by all useful and appropriate means, in the countries of the European Union and in countries outside the European Union.
– With non-profit making Associations, NGOs and Foundations, in particular in the European Union, to encourage and promote the principle of non-discrimination, and also to highlight in this area:
- European Union law ;
- The legal principles of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union;
- The positions of the Council of Europe and the legal principles of the Convention for Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
– To develop a culture of citizenship in the European Union, to promote integration of all and favour peace in society.
– At European Parliament level, in STRASBOURG and in BRUSSELS, at the level of the European Commission, in BRUSSELS and at the level of French national bodies, to promote the basic legal principles of the texts of European laws, regarding non-discrimination, and to actively propose research and detailed social, humanitarian, educational or cultural reports in this area.