✅ The European Observatory for Non-Discrimination and Fundamental Rights becomes a member of the «#ForAEuropeUnitedInSolidarity» Collective.
✅ In this Collective, 40 associations in charge of social exclusion and solidarity are united for the European elections of May 2019 in order to collectively carry a strong message in favor of a truly social Europe of solidarity and for fundamental rights.
✅ There is an unacceptable social situation in the European Union:
• 87 million people live below the poverty line;
• 113 million people at risk of exclusion;
• 11 million people are in severe housing deprivation;
• 1 out of 6 employees is a poor worker.
✅ Although initiatives have been taken in this direction, in particular through the European Pillar of Social Rights, we call on European Institutions, and specifically the MEPs who will be elected soon, to declare their strong and tangible commitment for the well-being of all.
This commitment, which is our clear commitment to #ForAEuropeUnitedInSolidarity, should mean:
• Access to fundamental rights for all, with effective implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights and punitive measures for States that do not respect the implementation;
• A dignified immigration and asylum policy, respectful of migrants and of their rights, which require more resources to welcome and support them;
• Priority given to social cohesion and ecological transition in order to transcend market logic and to end austerity policies, incompatible with a sustainable society model;
• An extended political and fiscal mobilization for social inclusion, especially through Structural Funds, with a facilitated access to these funds for field actors.